Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Intermittent Fasting

After reading Mark’s Daily Apple, http://www.marksdailyapple.com,  this morning, I decided to skip eating until dinner tonight.  I really should be doing this every week, but have been lazy about it.  I typically skip breakfast, but once I smell other people’s lunches, I give in and eat lunch.  But I toughed it out today…and it really wasn’t that difficult.

Intermittent Fasting

IF is perhaps your greatest tool when losing weight and maintaining muscle.

 

It increases insulin sensitivity (good for mobilizing adipose tissue), promotes the secretion of growth hormone (a muscle sparing, fat burning hormone), and reduces body fat.

 

What’s not to love? It’s almost like the human body’s response to IF was designed specifically for our current predicament. Hmm, I wonder if Grok ever found himself in a situation where food was scarce and muscle mass was precious…

 

For extra benefits, exercise in a fasted state and wait at least an hour before you eat something.

No comments: