Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HIT Workout - Nov 23rd

I was in warrior mode today – I worked out fasted, ready to do battle, and gave it 110%.  You can see it in the results…at least the 1st 4 exercises – up in weight and time on 2.  But by the 5th exercise I was out of steam – it hurt and I felt queasy.  I almost begged Chris to skip the last.

 

So I wonder, what will get me better results? Work out at 80% so that I can finish all 6 exercises well, or blow my load and struggle pitifully through the few remaining exercises?  Perhaps I will grow in endurance and eventually be able to do all at 100%.

 

Having a salad 1 hour after the workout.  Today is my daughter, Kira’s birthday and we’ll be having Kiku’s (Japanese steakhouse) for dinner.  I am planning on eating the fried rice, so it’s a good thing today was workout day!

 

HIT1

Last HIT1 Workout

This Week

Kevin J Smith

3-Nov

23-Nov

Exercise

Weight

Time (secs)

Weight

Time (secs)

Machine Type

Pull-Over

180

92

182

107

MedX

Lower Back

390

96

392

96

MedX: 72o

Chest Press

195

83

196.5

83

MedX

Leg Press

856

83

858

88

MedX

SS Pull down

160

77

161.5

72

Super Slow

Overhead Press

300

78

300

70

MedX

2 comments:

Doug McGuff, MD said...

As you get stronger the metabolic effect of the exponential increase in work output will take its toll on later exercises. Your progress in this workout was amazing, especially given your stage of the game. The lactic acidosis was probably really stacked up by the 4th and 5th exercises. This is normal and to be expected. Rotating the later exercises is one solution. Or substituting a big 5 for 3 big and 2 small movements are other options. There are many ways to adjust as you continue to progress and I'm sure you will find workable solutions along the way. Good Work!

Jeff said...

Awesome workout. Same thing happens to me. I do well on the first three, leaving nothing on the table, then try my best on the last couple, usually failing to progress. I like it better that way, personally, but have no idea whether that is optimal.

Great workout!