Monday, December 13, 2010

HIT Workout - December 13, 2010

Lousy results today…more red than blue.  I’m not sure why, I felt fine.  The first anomaly was the SS Pull Down.  I performed it 2nd because, I figured, I would still have steam.  But I hit a wall getting it past my eye balls.  I think the pull over must have fried my triceps – and I shouldn’t have done the exercise right after the pull over.  I showed good improvement on the Overhead press, adding 17 seconds at constant weight – but then my final exercise, chest press, even though I dropped the weight by 37 pounds, I couldn’t improve my time – the difference however, may have been that I had done it 1st last time and now I was doing it last.

 

HIT1

Last HIT1 Workout

This Week

Kevin J Smith

23-Nov

13-Dec

Exercise

Weight

Time (secs)

Weight

Time (secs)

Machine Type

Pull-Over

182

107

186

92

MedX

SS Pull down

161.5

72

161.5

60

Super Slow

Lower Back

392

96

394

86

MedX: 72o

Overhead Press

300

70

300

87

MedX

Leg Press

858

88

860

81

MedX

Chest Press

196.5

83

160

80

MedX

1 comment:

Doug McGuff, MD said...

An increased load on the pullover followed immediately by pulldown should produce a drop in TUL. That fried feeling in your triceps isn't actually your triceps, but instead is the insertion of your latissimus on the upper/medial humerus (check out an anatomy text). All in all a good workout. Check out www.renaissanceexercise.com for some great articles on how the goal is actually rapid fatigue and shorter TUL's and how not to confuse the assumed vs the real objective of your workout.